Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Concept redesign

It has been a long time since I have posted. The original purpose of my blog was to do my personal history and connect it with my thoughts. It seemed like an easy thing to do but in the end I never really got to it. I decided when I was running this morning that I need to a way to connect with people and just let people know what is happening to me. I joined Facebook today - got invited by Kathleen Nelson. I did the profile thing and then got stumped on how to post - have a page, all that stuff. The same thing happened with Linked In. I replied to Tagged another networking site when I was requested to be a friend of Vilma Roderigez. Same problem I have no idea how to use these things. So I guess a blog is perfect for my technology disabled self - one way communication.

So what has been happening - running through my head. Well the election in Alberta is one thing. We (andy, anne and I ) actually went to a meet the candidate session - the liberal in our riding. He was really great! Andy is doing some volunteering and I am going to vote liberal instead of my usual ND. Even the conservatives are saying they could lose 10 seats in Calgary and others are saying as many as 18. That would be unbelievable. Its amazing how much like sheep Albertans are - unhappy but still voting the same way. Its like this province really likes dictatorships.

On the personal front. I vacillate back and forth between loving taking this doctorate and being stressed and sick about it. The former happens when I actually get to do some reading and research which was yesterday. The latter feelings happen when I don't. It really is a matter of faith as the spirit told me when I started. Blessings come when I need them. Two of my morman consultant friends just out of the blue gave me things that will be so much help it is unbelievable - one a reference to a software program to manage references/ bibliographies and the other a key book that will be huge in terms of what I want to learn. I just have to keep going and praying and doing what I can do.

On the family front, take a look at this. Two Alenes - 54 years apart

No comments: