Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sabbath Running


There is little guilt about running on Sunday
Somehow movement connects to spirit
When stillness does not
To have inspiration, sweat, ground and sky are needed

Where to run though
No longer the short path to the hill
With its expanse of prairie, city scape and mountain
No tiny flowers to notice on well-worn paths

Will I learn to love the river and
Feel the same closeness to energy
On paved paths carefully mapped out
 
Will I find a new love of forest and valley
Or need instead to forget the sense of connection
To the earth
Can I find heaven close in this new landscape

Faith and being present in the moment
Counting blessings not losses
Is a daily effort
Perhaps soon a habit 

Forging new paths  in my head and heart
While my feet explore new trails

1 comment: