Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Standing Naked


The Russian hitter
Tall muscled power
Confident, relaxed
Easy strength
The intensity of the game over
Just a conversation in the locker room
 Uniform cast aside
Unconcerned with the admiration
``My autograph?
Of course”


Tight, tired
Everything binding
Anxiety inside and out
Can’t wait to rid myself of
The cover and pretense
The worry of being something
Other than what I am
All off, free, just skin
Alone, my body honest
Relaxed in my imperfection
Artifice gone


Another time of Light
Before you now
I have waited for this
Prepared and hopeful
All my life, wondering
How to account
Now there are no words
I am spiritually naked before You
You see me
Knowing all
You have always known
And yet there is no judgement 
I am perfected in my imperfection
By Your love and mercy
Acceptance and grace
All for me is
Gratitude and peace
I am home
 

No comments: