Monday, December 31, 2012


SATURDAY

Grateful to dog walkers for packed trails
And the skiff of snow that covers the ice 

The panorama stretches out
The low hanging cloud, the snowy mountains, the foggy sky scrapers
COP lights still on
Signal hill flashing
A coyote crosses my path
Runs then watches me
Luck has touched my day. 

Excited to circle and climb the hill
The pink is just starting
The first burning glow sneaking over the expanse of prairie snow
The mountains glowing in fuzzy golden pink
The sun a spotlight waking up the houses on the crest of the hill
I turn back

 Deep in thought,
Caught by surprise
Snow sparkles grab me in their dance 
The sun has caught me
Its golden orb has lit the sky and the snow and the mountains and me 

I gasp
Lit up with brightness
A rush of light and joy
A new day

No comments: