Friday, August 29, 2008

Dream Girls




I couldn't resist posting these pictures of Elise, Sam's daughter. When Elise comes to visit she loves to watch videos where there is singing and dancing. She loved the CATS DVD and she also loves Dream Girls. Here she is being a Dream Girl. It makes me remember what it was like to be so completely in the pretend world and really feeling it. When I was her age I was obsessed with being a ballet dancer and and would dance around with plastic glasses on my feet. They made me feel like I was dancing on my toes and a beautiful graceful ballerina. I so wanted a tutu. I was also fascinated with being grown up, not surprising for the youngest child. Make-up was a must. My grandmother thought I was very spoiled when my mother let me wear bright red lipstick and ear rings to church when I was four. I hope Elise never forgets this wonderful feeling of truly being what you "dream".

2 comments:

mere said...

With her genes- she very well could be a dreamgirl!
Noone knows more than me how all encompassing the world of pretend can be. stretch pants as long hair? need I say more?

Dawn said...

What a great post. So glad she has adults around her to let her live her dreams. :0)
I'm glad your mom let you wear the red lip stick too. I remember Jan, early on in my parenting life, talking about being careful about what you say no to....to save it for the things that really matter. I think that has really shaped some of my ideas about parenting.
Jill loves CATS too. She recently found a CATS music book on our huge shelf of piano music. She finds the song on You-Tube then sings along with the song-book. Maybe Elise could come over and dance to Jill's singing. :0)